Booking Conditions and General Information
If not booked locally; please reconfirm all bookings through our booking office the day before departure:
Maqai Beach Resort
Ph: + 679 8503488
M: +679 9907761
Hold onto your booking form.
Your travel includes pick up in taxi van from Matei airport to landing and boat transfer to Maqai Beach Resort return.
Not included in the Package / Pricing are your flights from Nadi – Taveuni or bus to Suva and ferry booking or any travel excluding Clause 2. We can assist you with this if you wish and provide all necessary information.
Prices and Currency:
All prices are in Fijian Dollars and include taxes. Package prices are per person. Prices listed as Twin / Double are per person based on 2 people sharing a room or bure. Prices through some agents may vary due to currency fluctuations.
The meal package is compulsory and must be taken as there are no alternative dining places on the island. Rates are correct at time of print and are subject to change.
All transfers are subject to sea and weather conditions. Should adverse conditions prevent operation, our client is responsible at their own cost for their additional accommodation whatever it may be and/or alternative travel arrangements not organised by the company. Maqai Beach Resort shall be the sole judge of when vessels should not operate under this clause.
When another company or persons operates the tour, activity or excursions, or shore transfers Maqai Beach Surf Resort is only acting as the sales Agent. Responsibility for the operation and liability for any mishap lies with those operators solely and not with Maqai Beach Surf Resort. Maqai Beach Surf Resort is not responsible for missed flights or Ferry sailings or any associated expenses due to late arrival. Maqai Beach Surf Resort is not responsible for booking refunds due to aircraft and sailing vessel delays.
It is the responsibility of all guests to ensure that they have the valid Fiji visa requirements.
There are limited medical facilities at the neighbouring village and Taveuni, so if any medical problem arises you will need to return to Nadi or Suva. If you develop a serious medical condition you will most likely want to leave Fiji for Australia, New Zealand or home. There is also a higher degree of risk in public areas on vessels, etc. Sea conditions and sometimes cyclones can prevent travel on the booked dates as well. It is therefore essential that when booking with Maqai Beach Surf Resort you have a valid travel insurance policy to cover the cost of any emergency medical treatment or accident and to protect your holiday payments in the vent of cancellation.
For booking Travel Insurances you may contact www.worldnomad.com
Ph: +612 8263 0400 internationally.
Bookings and cancellation policy:
Full payment is required for your booking to be confirmed or if booking through an agent a deposit and the balance on arrival. We will not regard a booking as cancelled unless and until written notice is received by us from you or someone acting on your authority.
The following cancellation charges will apply:
- There is a cancellation fee of 10% of the total deposit if more than 45 days notice prior to arrival is provided.
- There is a cancellation fee of 20% of the total deposit where 30-45 days notice prior to arrival is provided.
- There is a cancellation fee of 50% of the total deposit where 15- 30 days notice prior to arrival is provided.
- There is a cancellation fee of of the total full deposit where less than 14 days notice prior to arrival is provided.
- Cancellation notice must be received by email, the receipt of which must be verified by a duly authorised representative of the resort.
- Refunds are subject to bank fee / credit card fee adjustments and currency fluctuations.
- Check in times is 1pm and check out time is 10.00am. In most instances guests will be able to check in and depart without these reference times which are only invoked when the resort is full.
- Meal plans are for 3 meals per day starting with the evening meal on the first day. Extra meals will incur charges.
- A 5% fee applies to all transactions paid by credit card.